Sunday, May 15, 2011

God Will Comfort Us


Friday was a tough day for me.  I had to drive some and that is not easy to do in another country where there are few rules.  There are lots of people that walk in the street and bicycles and motorcycles also ride in the street with cars.  Motorcycles go around cars all the time.  It is just very difficult to say the least.  I think it is especially difficult for me because I really like rules.  I have a hard time when there are no rules.   So at the end of the day when the driving is done, I just came home and told Danny that I don’t want to drive anymore.  I know that puts a lot of pressure on him, but it is too much for me.   I just have to ask God to help me during this time.  It was a difficult day and Saturday was no different.  Danny was sick and could not make it to the breakfast at San Cristobal El Bajo.  I was going to drive everyone there with the food, but that proved to be difficult as well.  It seemed that there were more obstacles in my way than normal.  I could not even drive a short distance for something as important as the kids eating breakfast.  I came back home and told Danny I just could not do it.  Manuel was on his way over already to get Danny’s motorcycle.  He drove himself and Janet over to bring the breakfast food so the kids did not have to go without because of my inability.  The enemy tries to break us down and destroy us, but God can do ALL things.

Also, Danny had stomach sickness on Friday and Saturday.  Brayden and I had a bout with it as well.  It is not easy when the kids are sick, but it is really hard when Danny is sick.  We depend on him for so much.  We don’t get much done when Danny is sick.

Today was a gift from God above.  We took two truckloads of people to church and had a wonderful service.  I got to talk to the kids on the way to and from church a little more than I usually do.  That was really cool!  Then this afternoon we had a fun day of soccer with our church family.  That was so much fun!  Brayden played with six to twelve year olds and I played with the ladies.  Brayden enjoys soccer very much and he really gets in there and plays hard.  It was my very first time to play a game of soccer.  I had a lot of fun, but boy was I tired.  I don’t know if you know a lot about soccer, but there are no timeouts and no breaks, except one between halves.  Whew!  I will probably be pretty sore tomorrow from all the running. 

It just amazes me how God can answer my prayers in the blink of an eye.  A missionary friend called me on Friday about thirty minutes after getting home from driving.  I was able to talk to her for a while.  She has been here for a year and the traffic issue is something we definitely talk about a lot.  The church family event was planned before my need arose.  I needed something to remind me that I love being here and serving my God in this capacity.  I didn’t like being here very much on Friday, but God is always here for me.  He changed my mind so quick that I didn’t have time to be sad and homesick for long.
I love so much to receive your emails and comments.  It is so very encouraging.  I am looking forward to seeing some Fairview family in a few weeks!  I love you all and count on your prayers!  

Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment