Friday, September 28, 2012

Broke Down

Our truck is broke down.  This past Monday, as I was on my way to the Tabitha House in Guatemala City, my truck broke down on the side of the road in San Lucas, Sacatepequez.  I had to have a wrecker pick it up and take it back to San Pedro for me.  The camshaft is broken in two pieces.  There are some other parts that are also broken.  I am searching for some used parts and hopefully will have it up and running by next week.  We had to call off youth group last night.  The teens that come on Thursday nights are between the ages of 12 and 14.  It is too dangerous for them to walk home at night.  We thought it best to just call it off for this week.  I am still trying to decide about the youth group for tonight.  They are all wanting to come really bad, but I think it is too dangerous for them as well.  They are between the ages of 15 and 18.  I am using my motorcycle to drive back and forth around Antigua and to the City for now.  Everything is going fine with that, I just can´t take the help that usually goes with me each week.  Please be in prayer that the truck will be fixed soon.  It is a crucial part of our ministry work each week.  It is used to carry people back and forth to church on Sundays, for the youth on Thursdays and Fridays, and for Tabitha House and Esteban House in the City on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Thanks for the prayers and have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment