Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Joy of Tabitha

 The joy of the Tabitha House is something that you cannot describe well in words.  You have to experience it firsthand.  With being blessed to get the opportunity to work with these children on a weekly basis, I can clearly say that they bring me joy.  Every week when I walk through the front door I am greeted with a big welcome song from each class, and a hug from each child.  That is how I start my days at Tabitha.  Always with a big smile and big hug.  It tends to warm the heart with receiving such love as these children give.  Without going into much detail, I can say that each of these children come from some of the worst homes, living conditions, and abuse that any of us could ever begin to even imagine.  The Tabitha House has rescued these children from having to spend their entire day in the city dump rummaging through peoples garbage for what they can find.  At Tabitha they receive love from their teachers, two meals per day, learn Christian songs, Bible, learn some of the things that a preschooler might learn in school, and much more.  I have watched many of these children grow up over the past 4 years.  I have also watched how Tabitha has grown and how the children have constantly changed for the good in so many different ways.  They feel a sense of "safety" when they walk through the doors and always receive love.  I think of the scripture that Matthew wrote in Matthew 19:14, But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for such is the kingdom of heaven.  I like the way the NIV puts it, Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these".  Jesus would welcome all the dirty, poor, sinful children that others would not.  Jesus' own disciples were turning these children away as the people were bringing them to Jesus to lay hands on them and bless them by praying for them.  I ask you who are reading this to take a few minutes of your time and scroll down through the photos on this page.  As you do so, pray for them.  You may not know their names or their situations, but you can pray on their behalf.  Pray for their safety.  Pray for their health.  Pray for their decisions.  And pray most of all for their eternal life.













No comments:

Post a Comment