Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update on Family

Here we are... only 137 days until our BIG move!  I wanted to give everyone a brief update on the family at this point.  Kim is still working at Hartselle Eye Care and plans to for another few months.  She has been working on clearing items out of the house that we are not taking with us.  This is about everything we own with the exception of some of our clothes.  We are having a yard sale at Fairview Church on either the first or second weekend in October.  Brayden started home school last week.  I probably should say that Brayden and I started home school last week.  We are new to this home school thing, and I have found out that it does require much planning and time from the parent as well as the student.  I will be teaching Brayden the first semester until we move and then Kim will take over.  Brayden has also started soccer and practicing two days a week.  Brianna is enjoying being a child.  She is into everything right now.  I guess the terrible 2's for her has waited to be the terrible 3's.  Both of the children are learning Spanish very quickly.  When we move I am certain that their language skills will surpass ours.  I am plugging away at numbers each day.  Working constantly on a budget.  Our financial support has grown to around 75%!  I praise God for this as he has supplied all of our needs.  I have also been working on many other things: finding us a home in Guatemala, looking for a vehicle for in country, getting our home here in the States ready to sale, getting our vehicles ready to sale, finding a language school in country that will meet our families needs, finding out what all things we are required to do for Visa requirements and living in country, working on health insurance, contacting churches to visit during our remaining time here, and much more.  Please continue to pray for God's wisdom on our decisions, and for his protection for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment