Monday, January 3, 2011

January 1, 2011


January 1, 2011
New Years Day!
Work, work, work, but it was fun cleaning and organizing my new home here in Guatemala.  I had previously lived in a home for 13 ½ years so it has been a while since moving into a new home.  Well then after all that, we were invited to have New Years Day lunch with our neighbors behind our wall.  They were very gracious and had a wonderful meal prepared for us.  They have very little in their home and have worked extremely hard for what they do have.  I honestly don’t know how or where Mrs. Hernandez cooked the food.  It seemed to come out of nowhere.  I did not see a kitchen or bathroom.  Wow, what an afternoon.  We enjoyed conversation between Carlos and Danny.  Mrs. Hernandez and I did not speak much.  She speaks no English and I speak no Spanish.  We both still enjoyed being there.  Then their children came to our home to play.  What a lovely day!  God is so good to send families for me to have as friends while I get adjusted to this new life.  I love my Lord!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment