Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 6

Dear friends,

I have now been in Guatemala for 6 days.  Much has been accomplished already, and I am ahead of schedule as far as our new home.  I will be signing the rental contract tomorrow, Oct. 23rd.  It is a little tricky for a North American, but it is underway.  My closest friend here in Guatemala has generously accepted to co-sign with me.  I haven't had a co-signer on anything since I was 16, so it was a little awkward to ask him that big of a favor.  Our home is located in San Pedro las Huertas, which is between 5-10 minutes drive to Antigua.  I have priced many refrigerators, stove/ovens, beds, etc. here in Antigua.  I should be living in the house this Saturday, and start attempting to purchase the furnishings next week.  I have not been able to set up a bank as of yet.  I will try to do so when my friend comes to sign on the house with me.  I have not really looked at many vehicles here.  Our Expedition has not sold in the States and I needed that money to purchase one here.  That will have to wait until the family moves here in January.

God has blessed me greatly, and I owe everything to Him.  I praise my Lord and Savior for the opportunity He has given our family to serve Him in a different land.  Without Him, we are nothing. 

God Bless,
Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment